Steps to Ownership
- Submit Application. Once your application is received, you will receive more information about franchising with Planet Wings.
- Participate in an initial interview with a member of Planet Wings Enterprises Corporation. Once your application has been reviewed by our team, you will be contacted directly by one of our Corporation’s members to schedule an initial call or in-person meeting. During the in-person meeting, you will be shown around the store, including the dining room, POS system, interior design, etc. You will be shown the kitchen and methodologies once you’ve signed an NDS.
- Receive and review Planet Wings franchise disclosure document (FDD). If you would like to go forward with us, we will send you a copy of the FDD. The FDD contains detailed information to franchising with us and also a copy of the franchise agreement you’ll be signing. During this stage, we strongly recommend you to thoroughly review the document with an attorney.
- Submit verifiable financial information. You will be required to submit a copy of latest six (6) months bank statements and/or your bank statement & W-2 form
- Sign the franchise agreement and get started to owning your very own Planet Wings franchise! Welcome to the Planet Wings family! Our team will work closely with you in terms of construction, training and opening.
Cost & Criteria
We are looking for candidates who are:
Enthusiastic to start their own Planet Wings establishment
Dedicated to operational excellence
Pursuant to high quality service and sales performance
Capable of meeting our financial requirements
Minimum Liquid Assets of $150,000
Minimum Net Worth of $350,000
The Initial Franchise Fee to open a Planet Wings store is $25,000, and the initial investment varies from $250,000 to $350,000 depending on numerous factors, such as restaurant size and location.
As a Planet Wings franchisee, you will receive multiple business benefits, including:
- Use of our famous brand name and trademarks
- Menus and recipes, including our famous Chicken and sauce recipes
- Proprietary ingredients, including our sauces
- Full supply line support
- Real estate and project management support – demographics as well
- Construction and design
- Training and operational support for franchisees, managers and employees
- Local store & grand opening marketing support
- Other marketing support
What are the terms of the franchise agreement?
The franchise fee is a one-time payment of $25,000. The ongoing royalty fee will be 6% of your Gross Revenue and a 1% marketing fee which will go towards brand promotion, website marketing, franchise-wide promotional items and other general marketing. The term of the contract is 10 years with 2 options to renew for 5 years each.
What does the franchise fee cover?
The franchise fee earns you initial and on-site training, the right to use our signage and logos, site and layout assistance and approval, as well as a cooking manual and operations manual.
What does initial training involve?
Training will take place at one of our Corporate locations in Orange County, NY for 4 weeks. You will work closely with a member of the Planet Wings Enterprise Corporation and Corporate Staff. The training fee is included in the franchise fee. You will be responsible for lodging, travel, and other personal costs.
What are the site requirements?
For our fast casual restaurant, we recommend a space around 1,200 SF up to 1,500 SF. We will provide you with a more detailed site criteria checklist before you begin your site selection.
Will Planet Wings assist in site selection?
We provide you with the site criteria you will base your site selection on. After you have a list of acceptable spaces, we will accompany you to perform site review and approval.
What if I don’t have restaurant or business experience?
Although having a background in restaurant or business is an advantage, it is not required. Candidates with no prior experience are also welcome. You will develop the operational knowledge through our training programs.
What is the franchising process like and how long will it take to open a store?
The length of time required to open a store depends on many different factors, such as construction and training. Our common timeframe is ~8 months.
How much will I make?
In our FDD, you find some financial performance representations pertinent to this inquiry. You are encouraged to use these as resources to do your own research to determine the potential performance of your restaurant.
Who will build my restaurant?
You will be responsible for the construction of your restaurant. However, we will assist you throughout the construction process with layouts and designs.
How do I acquire equipment and inventory items?
We will provide you with a list of equipment and inventory items and specifications. You may choose your own vendors, but their products and service must meet our specifications and earn our approval.
What kind of support does Planet Wings offer for grand opening?
We will send one of our supervisors to provide you with on-site training for 5 days around the opening date of your restaurant. They will be there to make sure your restaurant is set up, prepared to operate, and will help you get it running.
Do you have a quality assurance program?
We conduct quality assurance by sending one of our supervisors to your restaurant a few times a year. They may arrive unannounced and spend the day observing your operations. At the end of the observation the supervisor will submit a report to headquarters. We will use this report to provide you with constructive feedback.
What proprietary items am I required to purchase from Planet Wings?
You are required to purchase our sauce, chicken wings, packaging materials, and uniforms from us.
How do I franchise outside the United States?
Details are given for franchising outside the US upon consultation. We are always looking to expand and grow!
How do I get a copy of your Franchise Disclosure Document?
You will receive an FDD after your first conversation with us following the submission of a complete application.
Do you provide territorial protection?
Territorial protection is offered to Area Development franchisees only, where they get exclusive rights to a certain territory. We do not specifically define territories, but consider every site on a case by case basis.