Planet Wings’ Planet Madness Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Planet Wings and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The Contest is sponsored by Planet Wings Enterprises, located at 253 Route 211 East, 2nd Floor, Middletown, New York 10940.
Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
The Contest begins on Tuesday, March 6th, 2018 at 9am Eastern Standard Time and ends on Sunday, April 1st, 2018 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
How to Enter
Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest through the pop up on Planet Wings’s website. Participants must enter their name, email address and basketball team pick in order to enter the contest. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON IS ALLOWED. MORE THAN ONE ENTRY BY A SINGLE PERSON WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
- Participants must enter their name, telephone number, email address and basketball team pick in order to enter the contest.
- The winning team’s voters will be put into a drawing for a 50 inch flat-screen television.
- Limit one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Contest Period. Entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Winners will be shortlisted based on their fulfillment of the above criteria. One winner will be chosen at the end of the contest period.
On or about April 2nd, 2018, the Sponsor will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Potential winners will be selected at random using randompicker.com. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via social media on or about August 2nd, 2018. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining non-winning, eligible entries.
The potential winners will be notified via telephone or email. Each potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to send his/her Address in a personal message to the Sponsor within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, potential winner forfeits prize. If the potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign the Declaration of Compliance on the potential winners behalf and fulfill any other requirements imposed on winner set forth herein. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
One (1) Prize will be awarded to one winner. The prize will consist of One (1) Fifty (50) inch Flat Screen Television.
Terms and conditions
- Prizes must be taken as provided and are not exchangeable for cash.
- Failure to adhere to any of the terms and conditions may result in disqualification.
- The winners will be notified through an announcement post on Facebook, as well as via direct message on Instagram or Twitter.
- Prizes must be collected in person and no delivery or courier service will be provided.
- Winning participants will need to valid forms of identification when collecting the prize.
- Participation in the contest signifies the participant’s agreement and consent that Planet Wings may use the winner’s name and photo for the purpose of announcing their winning, without limitation and without payment, prior notification, permission, or other consideration.
- Planet Wings reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of this contest at anytime without prior notice.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Release and Limitations of Liability
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.